The AFA has announced the finalists in the 11th AFA Rising Star of the Year Award, which recognises innovative advisers who have been providing financial advice for three years or less.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said, "Now, more than ever, it's important to the growth of the profession that we attract and retain talent. This Award is a way to uncover that talent and to share their early successes with the wider advice market."
Each finalist attended a full day of judging in Sydney in front of a panel that included Don Sillar, head of sales at ANZ Wealth; AFA national vice-president and 2013 Adviser of the Year, Jenny Brown; and two previous Rising Star winners, AFA Victorian state director Chris Browne (2007) and Mr Fox (2008).
ANZ Global Wealth's managing director, advice and open market channels, Neil Younger, said, "As a sponsor of the award for the 11th year, we are delighted to nurture the talented nominees who took part in the awards process. The award provides an opportunity for participants to gain insights from other advisers and to build their networks. We believe new advisers will be key to sustaining the industry's growth into the future."
The 2015 Rising Star of the Year Award finalists are:
• Katherine Cairns from Peel Wealth Financial Planning in Perth
• Declan Doolan from Mr Insurance in Brisbane
• Kylie George from Harvest Wealth in Mildura
• Adrian Patty from AP Financial Solutions in Sydney
• Mark Richardson from Duncan Financial Advisers in Coffs Harbour
• Corey Wastle from Verse Wealth in Melbourne
The award winner will be announced at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns, Sunday 25 October 2015.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 05:37Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- view all