The Association of Independently Owned Financial Professionals (AIOFP) will look to help its members develop strategies to retain and attract clients during its annual onshore conference.
In an email to members, AIOFP executive director Peter Johnston said this year's conference theme will be 'growing and protecting your practice'.
"[This], at the end of the day, is all about retaining your current desirable clients and attracting more to your practice," Mr Johnston said.
"A key to retaining clients is understanding what they want and how they feel about your service levels."
In order to help AIOFP members think about their clients' wants and needs, Mr Johnston said, the association has invited Ray McHale, founder of cloud-based software Valuiza which specialises in creating surveys, to help advisers better understand the value of certain client relationships.
A survey will look to get an insight into the trust members have in the association, their satisfaction, and the potential for members to refer friends and colleagues.
Mr Johnston added that following this survey, members will be encouraged to survey their own clients to identify and gain insight into similar concepts and how more value can be added to the relationship.
"The strategy is to commence this survey on 6 October and close on 13 October. Valuiza will then analyse the results, present them at the conference and then propose the survey content for your clients," Mr Johnston said.
The annual onshore conference will be held from 18 November to 22 November in Sanctuary Cove.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all