Exchange-traded fund provider BetaShares has expanded its distribution team with the appointment of a former Commonwealth Bank executive to the role of national manager of adviser services.
Tania Smyth has been appointed to the role and will support advisers in their adoption of exchange-traded funds in client portfolios.
Prior to joining BetaShares, Ms Smyth was CBA's director of equity product sales, according to her LinkedIn profile
"This newly created role has been designed both in response to the fast growth of the ETF industry and to deepen the company's commitment to support Australian financial advisers through ETF education and client service," BetaShares managing director Alex Vynokur said.
Ms Smyth has also held senior equity derivative distribution roles with the Royal Bank of Scotland and ABN Amro to intermediaries and institutional clients.
BetaShares' latest appointment follows a raft of staff movements, including the recent appointment of Thomas Reif as head of quantitative research and portfolio manager.
The exchange-traded fund provider also recently appointed Matthew Reeves as compliance manager, Sarah Hare as marketing manager and David Whitby as account manager, as well as promoting Louis Crous to the position of chief investment officer.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:48Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 09:27Instos ‘struggle’ with IFA ascendancyBy Aleks Vickovich
- 09:25CBA bosses accused of incompetenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- view all