Exchange-traded fund provider BetaShares has expanded its distribution team with the appointment of a former Commonwealth Bank executive to the role of national manager of adviser services.
Tania Smyth has been appointed to the role and will support advisers in their adoption of exchange-traded funds in client portfolios.
Prior to joining BetaShares, Ms Smyth was CBA's director of equity product sales, according to her LinkedIn profile
"This newly created role has been designed both in response to the fast growth of the ETF industry and to deepen the company's commitment to support Australian financial advisers through ETF education and client service," BetaShares managing director Alex Vynokur said.
Ms Smyth has also held senior equity derivative distribution roles with the Royal Bank of Scotland and ABN Amro to intermediaries and institutional clients.
BetaShares' latest appointment follows a raft of staff movements, including the recent appointment of Thomas Reif as head of quantitative research and portfolio manager.
The exchange-traded fund provider also recently appointed Matthew Reeves as compliance manager, Sarah Hare as marketing manager and David Whitby as account manager, as well as promoting Louis Crous to the position of chief investment officer.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Mar 2018Former adviser at centre of ABC satire rowBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Mar 2018Nick Hakes to depart AFABy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Mar 2018Stockbrokers association launches education pathwayBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Mar 2018AFA to push for changes to FASEA guidanceBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Mar 2018Lonsec Research boss joins IOOFBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Mar 2018FASEA acknowledges reform ‘challenging’ advisersBy Killian Plastow
- view all