Equity Trustees has appointed a new account manager in Sydney, who will be responsible for developing relationships with advisers in New South Wales.
Michael Akele joins the company's "distribution partners" team and will report to Eliza Weaving, general manager of distribution partners – funds management, according to a statement by Equity Trustees.
In addition to developing adviser relationships, Mr Akele will be responsible for the distribution of funds for the investment managers represented by Equity Trustees, including Dundas, La Salle and SG Hiscock, the statement said.
"Michael's proven track record of building strong relationships and achieving sales targets makes him a great addition to the sales team," Ms Weaving said.
"Michael is a senior executive with more than 20 years' experience in the financial services industry. He has had demonstrated success in developing and executing distribution strategy across retail/wholesale, high net worth, private wealth and multi-manager markets."
Mr Akele was previously at Certitude Global Investments, where over a period of five years he managed regions that included NSW and New Zealand, the statement said.
His background includes consulting independently to boutique fund managers through his own business, and various roles with Australian Unity Investments, Challenger and Morningstar.
Mr Akele holds a bachelor of commerce (accounting) from the University of Wollongong, a diploma in financial planning from RMIT and CFP certification from the Financial Planning Association.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Mar 2018Product bias under royal commission microscopeBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Mar 2018ASIC defends enforcement decisionsBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Mar 2018O’Dwyer stands firm on educationBy Killian Plastow and Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Mar 2018Zurich opts to keep OnePath brandBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Mar 2018FASEA opens consultation on education pathwaysBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Mar 2018Partnership launches as ‘alternative to self-licensing’By Aleks Vickovich
- view all