Challenger will now make its annuity products available via Colonial First State's leading FirstChoice and FirstWrap platforms.
Challenger chief executive of distribution, product and marketing Paul Rogan said having annuities available via a platform is a "game changer" for advisers.
"It improves the ease and accessibility of delivering retirement income solutions to their clients," Mr Rogan said.
The annuities provider said new research by Market Pulse shows 65 per cent of financial advisers expect the availability of annuities through major investment platforms to increase the use of annuities.
Of these advisers, 66 per cent think that annuity recommendations will increase by between 10 and 20 per cent.
"Access to annuities via platforms helps advisers meet clients' needs to manage market, inflation and longevity risk," Mr Rogan said.
"It facilitates an income-layering approach to retirement portfolio construction which combines account-based pensions with annuities to manage retirees' concerns [about] outliving their savings," he said.
Challenger recently announced it had established partnerships with industry superannuation fund VicSuper and with administration provider AAS.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all