A new outsourced employee benefits scheme is set to focus on helping Australians understand their finances.
Your Wealth Hub, launched last week, is an online tool that employers can use to help employees better understand their financial situation and to assist in decreasing the financial literacy gap.
"We designed Your Wealth Hub for progressive employers who want to help their employees feel more comfortable and confident handling their money," Your Wealth Hub director Gavin Glozier said.
"Employers [are looking] for ways to improve the wellbeing of their employees and those who seek to improve financial health are embracing the new frontier of employee benefits," he said.
Citing research commissioned by the Wesley Mission earlier this year, Mr Glozier said it found more than one third of New South Wales households spend more than they earn and 44 per cent are in financial stress.
"In our opinion, progressive employers not only give out pay cheques, they also want to give their employees benefits that help them look after their financial health," he said.
"For them, it's not just about throwing dollars over the fence, it's also about ensuring they are financially okay."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all