A Sydney-based financial advice business has joined Netwealth's dealer group, Financial Planning Services Australia (FPSA).
Speaking to ifa, Netwealth head of advice group Simon Micallef confirmed the Sydney-based Definitive Wealth Management would now be licensed through its FPSA dealer group.
Prior to changing licences, Definitive Wealth Management was licensed through independently-owned licensee Lionsgate Financial Group.
Definitive Wealth Management director of financial planning Glenn Meilak told ifa the change came after a long search to find a more "hands on dealer group".
Mr Meilak also explained that with the expansion plans he has for the business, Netwealth's dealer group presents opportunities to achieve them.
"It is just a good fit," he said. "The main reason for the move is we have two parts of the business and [one of those] parts is helping young advisers become business owners."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all