A Sydney-based financial advice business has joined Netwealth's dealer group, Financial Planning Services Australia (FPSA).
Speaking to ifa, Netwealth head of advice group Simon Micallef confirmed the Sydney-based Definitive Wealth Management would now be licensed through its FPSA dealer group.
Prior to changing licences, Definitive Wealth Management was licensed through independently-owned licensee Lionsgate Financial Group.
Definitive Wealth Management director of financial planning Glenn Meilak told ifa the change came after a long search to find a more "hands on dealer group".
Mr Meilak also explained that with the expansion plans he has for the business, Netwealth's dealer group presents opportunities to achieve them.
"It is just a good fit," he said. "The main reason for the move is we have two parts of the business and [one of those] parts is helping young advisers become business owners."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018Former BT exec joins mortgage and financial advice groupBy Reporter
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- view all