Challenger has named former Asteron Life employee Andrew Lowe as its new head of technical services.
Mr Lowe, who was previously principal consultant at the Suncorp Group-aligned firm, commenced his new role with Challenger this week. The role is focused on supporting Challenger's growing annuities business.
"Andrew will lead Challenger's technical services function as we support growing interest from retirement specialist advisers driven by increasing longevity for retirees, the financial system inquiry and public policy discussion of retirement income," said Challenger general manager of advice services, John Carnevale.
"Challenger will benefit from Andrew's breadth of technical experience spanning 20 years," he said.
Mr Lowe was also head of technical at ANZ, director at Super Concepts and head of technical sales at ING, according to his LinkedIn profile.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- view all