Van Eck Global-owned Market Vectors has listed a gold equities ETF on the ASX.
The Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) invests in global mining companies of all sizes, giving Australian investors exposure to "the world's largest gold producers in a single trade on ASX", the company said in a statement.
"GDX is both the world's largest gold equities ETF and the flagship Market Vectors ETF globally. With total assets in excess of US$6.3 [AU$8.2] billion it captures the global nature of the gold mining industry, including Australian assets," said Van Eck Global Australia managing director Arian Neiron.
"Many investors prefer to purchase gold miners' equities as their value historically has been more sensitive than bullion to the price of gold. GDX and gold have a number of characteristics in common, such as a low correlation to other asset classes and they are both used as a currency hedge, a hedge against inflation and as a trading tool by large institutions."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all