Van Eck Global-owned Market Vectors has listed a gold equities ETF on the ASX.
The Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) invests in global mining companies of all sizes, giving Australian investors exposure to "the world's largest gold producers in a single trade on ASX", the company said in a statement.
"GDX is both the world's largest gold equities ETF and the flagship Market Vectors ETF globally. With total assets in excess of US$6.3 [AU$8.2] billion it captures the global nature of the gold mining industry, including Australian assets," said Van Eck Global Australia managing director Arian Neiron.
"Many investors prefer to purchase gold miners' equities as their value historically has been more sensitive than bullion to the price of gold. GDX and gold have a number of characteristics in common, such as a low correlation to other asset classes and they are both used as a currency hedge, a hedge against inflation and as a trading tool by large institutions."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:02Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 09:37Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 09:49Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all