NAB and MLC licensee regional sales manager Brendan Johnson has been appointed as the new head of NAB-aligned Apogee Financial Planning.
Mr Johnson has 17 years' experience across the financial planning, practice management and compliance fields and commences in the role today, 1 July 2015
He succeeds Fiona Navarro who departed in March.
Since joining MLC in 2002, Mr Johnson has held a number of senior roles, including state manager for MLC's Licensee Businesses and national manager for the MLC Risk Specialist Network.
NAB Wealth's general manager for advice partnerships, Ross Barnwell, said: "We are delighted to have someone of Brendan's experience on board to lead Apogee. A strong leader and passionate advice advocate, Brendan's experience and knowledge will assist him in supporting the advice business to grow and evolve while continuing to deliver high quality financial advice.
"Apogee Financial Planning licenses over a hundred businesses across Australia that provide either integrated financial services solutions, or specialist financial planning services, to both individuals and business owners. I am confident that Brendan, along with the wider Apogee team, will lead Apogee to new levels of success."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all