SQM Research has been provisionally accepted as an approved ratings researcher for the Macquarie Wrap platform covering its existing asset classes.
“It’s an exciting time for SQM Research, more and more adviser groups are accepting our independent research and property data and appear to be accepting our research from the new asset classes covered. Acceptance from Macquarie of our research is a testament to our diligence in these rating reports,” the group said in a statement.
At the same time, SQM Research has ranked four global property funds and four infrastructure securities funds in its latest report, with one downgraded and another upgraded. Five of the other funds were unchanged from a previous review, while one was not rated last year.
Of the property funds, the APN Asian REIT Fund scored a 3.75, down from 4 points out of maximum 5 the year before. The BT Wholesale Global Property Securities Fund scored the highest, a 4.5, while Principal Global Property Securities Fund received a 4, both unchanged from last year.
The Resolution Capital Global Property Securities Fund was given 4.25 points, also the same as its prior rating.
For the infrastructure funds, the Magellan Infrastructure Fund received a 4.25, up from the 4 it scored last year. The RARE Emerging Markets Fund and RARE Infrastructure Value Fund – Hedged score 4 and 4.25 points, respectively.
The Maple-Brown Abbott Global Listed Infrastructure Fund, which received a 4 in this report, was not rated in last year’s review.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017IRESS and SuiteBox announce Xplan integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017Shipton ‘most qualified’ for ASIC role: O’DwyerBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all