Financial services consulting firm Mercer is preparing to launch an online advice platform, as part of a move into the burgeoning world of ‘robo-advice’.
The platform is currently in development phase, with Mercer financial advice leader Michelle Smith telling ifa that the research house has plans to launch in Q3 or September this year.
It will be available first on 'intrafunds', but after that it would be offered to other funds, including industry superannuation funds.
Ms Smith said that robo-advice formed an essential part of the Mercer planning business.
“To deliver advice in the scaled world, you have to automate and you have to have the technology solution,” she said.
“A member of our fund will be able go online and be instantly confronted about whether their super is going to provide them the retirement they think it is. So it gives them facts, insights and actions that they can take to become more engaged.”
Ms Smith said Mercer would initially target people who have a propensity towards a digital experience.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all