An Australian-born financial services consultant has been permanently banned following a conviction for his role in a £70 million fraud in the UK.
Jeffrey Revell-Reade, described by ASIC as a former “consultant to an FX broker” in Australia and a “mastermind” of a UK boiler room fraud scheme.
More than 1000 investors were snared in the scheme, according to ASIC.
“Mr Revell-Reade’s involvement in the serious fraud in the UK was motivated by greed and demonstrates a clear lack of integrity,” said ASIC commissioner John Price.
“ASIC’s ban protects Australian consumers. It will prevent him from ever working in financial services in Australia again.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all