An Australian-born financial services consultant has been permanently banned following a conviction for his role in a £70 million fraud in the UK.
Jeffrey Revell-Reade, described by ASIC as a former “consultant to an FX broker” in Australia and a “mastermind” of a UK boiler room fraud scheme.
More than 1000 investors were snared in the scheme, according to ASIC.
“Mr Revell-Reade’s involvement in the serious fraud in the UK was motivated by greed and demonstrates a clear lack of integrity,” said ASIC commissioner John Price.
“ASIC’s ban protects Australian consumers. It will prevent him from ever working in financial services in Australia again.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFSBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019The wealth management fintech that soared in 2018By James Mitchell
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- view all