An Australian-born financial services consultant has been permanently banned following a conviction for his role in a £70 million fraud in the UK.
Jeffrey Revell-Reade, described by ASIC as a former “consultant to an FX broker” in Australia and a “mastermind” of a UK boiler room fraud scheme.
More than 1000 investors were snared in the scheme, according to ASIC.
“Mr Revell-Reade’s involvement in the serious fraud in the UK was motivated by greed and demonstrates a clear lack of integrity,” said ASIC commissioner John Price.
“ASIC’s ban protects Australian consumers. It will prevent him from ever working in financial services in Australia again.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all