An Australian-born financial services consultant has been permanently banned following a conviction for his role in a £70 million fraud in the UK.
Jeffrey Revell-Reade, described by ASIC as a former “consultant to an FX broker” in Australia and a “mastermind” of a UK boiler room fraud scheme.
More than 1000 investors were snared in the scheme, according to ASIC.
“Mr Revell-Reade’s involvement in the serious fraud in the UK was motivated by greed and demonstrates a clear lack of integrity,” said ASIC commissioner John Price.
“ASIC’s ban protects Australian consumers. It will prevent him from ever working in financial services in Australia again.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all