The recipients of the inaugural 'Women in Super (WIS) – Australian Graduate School of Management @ UNSW Business School scholarships' were announced at a WIS lunch event in Sydney this week.
AGSM had initially agreed to provide two scholarships for executive short courses but increased this to four after being impressed with the quality of the candidates.
The scholarships are designed to support women’s leadership skills and encourage more women to pursue senior management opportunities within the industry.
The recipients of the inaugural scholarships were Shed Enterprises business development manager, Alexandra McGuigan; State Super portfolio manager, international and emerging market equities, Victoria Rati; Perpetual Investments head of marketing, Heather Gyton; and Unisuper employer partnerships manager, Melinda McMullan.
“Executive level training for these WIS members will enhance their business acumen and allow them to thrive in leadership roles, as well as broaden their personal and professional networks through the AGSM community,” AGSM's executive director of executive education, Frank Kennedy, said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all