The recipients of the inaugural 'Women in Super (WIS) – Australian Graduate School of Management @ UNSW Business School scholarships' were announced at a WIS lunch event in Sydney this week.
AGSM had initially agreed to provide two scholarships for executive short courses but increased this to four after being impressed with the quality of the candidates.
The scholarships are designed to support women’s leadership skills and encourage more women to pursue senior management opportunities within the industry.
The recipients of the inaugural scholarships were Shed Enterprises business development manager, Alexandra McGuigan; State Super portfolio manager, international and emerging market equities, Victoria Rati; Perpetual Investments head of marketing, Heather Gyton; and Unisuper employer partnerships manager, Melinda McMullan.
“Executive level training for these WIS members will enhance their business acumen and allow them to thrive in leadership roles, as well as broaden their personal and professional networks through the AGSM community,” AGSM's executive director of executive education, Frank Kennedy, said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 08:51ANZ to suspend asset finance lendingBy Staff Reporter
- 08:46CommInsure partners with industry fund on claimsBy Staff Reporter
- 08:43ASIC disqualifies jailed SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 04:08Australian advisers unprepared for exitBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- view all