Non-aligned dealer group Madison Financial has thrown its support behind AMP’s decision to move away from upfront risk commissions.
The support from Madison Financial Group follows recent announcements from other non-aligned dealer groups to mandate hybrid and level commission structures for all risk insurance advice.
In a statement, Madison Financial general manager Giulio Russo said he hopes other insurance product providers will adopt a similar approach to AMP.
“Providing the products stack up and meet our clients’ needs, our advisers will support those product providers that have flexible remuneration structures in place,” Mr Russo said.
“We currently have a broad approved product list of insurers including AMP so we are hopeful that we can retain existing arrangements.
“However, product providers must offer remuneration structures that are sensible and commercially viable,” he said.
Mr Russo also pointed out that what would be even more “market leading” would be if insurance companies introduced a reduction of 10 per cent in insurance premiums.
“This is a perfect opportunity for them to really help address high lapse rates. For example, why not reward clients who stay with insurers for three years or more via a rebate or reduced premiums,” Mr Russo said.
“The adviser will need to take this into consideration when reviewing client policies, therefore ensuring the client’s best interests.
“The disappointing thing in the industry is that there has been little product innovation to encourage consumers to take out insurance and retain it once they’ve got protection in place. Let’s hope we see some innovation going forward,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 22 May 2018Netwealth reflects on Banqer progressBy Reporter
- view all