Managed Accounts Holdings has established a wholly-owned subsidiary, Planner Holdings Limited (PHL), to assist its clients through the processes of merging with or acquiring new businesses.
In a statement issued by the financial services company, Managed Accounts said the new business will be funded with up to $5 million to provide expansion capital to advice firms.
Managed Accounts added that PHL will initially hold up to 25 per cent interest in new acquisitions.
“PHL has been established by [Managed Accounts] on the expectation that the PHL board will seek to list it separately on the Australian Securities Exchange within two years of its initial investment in an advisory firm, with [Managed Accounts] planning to retain a 25 per cent interest in PHL,” the statement said.
“PHL will not seek to control or influence the board and management of the advisory firms which it partners with but will fully support the independence of underlying firms,” it said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all