Equity Trustees Limited has put forward a preliminary proposal to acquire listed fund manager, super trustee and insurance firm Diversa.
In a statement to the ASX, Diversa confirmed that it received an “unsolicited, confidential, non-binding, indicative proposal” from EQT regarding a possible acquisition.
According to a statement issued by EQT, the company considers a range of potential acquisitions “from time to time”.
However, “there have been no significant developments since providing the proposal and no contractual arrangements have been entered into,” the statement said.
“As part of these considerations, EQT enters into preliminary discussions with various entities and often determines an indicative value based on publicly available information,” said EQT.
In its statement, Diversa reinforced that it has not entered into any arrangements, binding or otherwise, with EQT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all