Equity Trustees Limited has put forward a preliminary proposal to acquire listed fund manager, super trustee and insurance firm Diversa.
In a statement to the ASX, Diversa confirmed that it received an “unsolicited, confidential, non-binding, indicative proposal” from EQT regarding a possible acquisition.
According to a statement issued by EQT, the company considers a range of potential acquisitions “from time to time”.
However, “there have been no significant developments since providing the proposal and no contractual arrangements have been entered into,” the statement said.
“As part of these considerations, EQT enters into preliminary discussions with various entities and often determines an indicative value based on publicly available information,” said EQT.
In its statement, Diversa reinforced that it has not entered into any arrangements, binding or otherwise, with EQT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all