Equity Trustees Limited has put forward a preliminary proposal to acquire listed fund manager, super trustee and insurance firm Diversa.
In a statement to the ASX, Diversa confirmed that it received an “unsolicited, confidential, non-binding, indicative proposal” from EQT regarding a possible acquisition.
According to a statement issued by EQT, the company considers a range of potential acquisitions “from time to time”.
However, “there have been no significant developments since providing the proposal and no contractual arrangements have been entered into,” the statement said.
“As part of these considerations, EQT enters into preliminary discussions with various entities and often determines an indicative value based on publicly available information,” said EQT.
In its statement, Diversa reinforced that it has not entered into any arrangements, binding or otherwise, with EQT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all