Research released by the Institute of Managed Account Providers (IMAP) indicates total funds under management held in managed account structures is at least $13 billion.
IMAP asked its members to provide details of the total FUM held, ahead of the launch of a managed accounts directory slated for launch later this year.
“This is the first time that I am aware of where anyone has provided a robust total for managed account FUM,” said IMAP chair Toby Potter.
"Since this survey was only intended to cover the organisations which aim to provide managed account services for other licensees, the actual total or investment held in this type of account will substantially exceed this amount, once firms which administer and manage services only for their own clients are included.
"The Managed Accounts Directory will be a complete listing of all organisations involved in providing or providing services to the managed accounts industry and will enable IMAP to provide reliable data to track the growth of the sector.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all