Research released by the Institute of Managed Account Providers (IMAP) indicates total funds under management held in managed account structures is at least $13 billion.
IMAP asked its members to provide details of the total FUM held, ahead of the launch of a managed accounts directory slated for launch later this year.
“This is the first time that I am aware of where anyone has provided a robust total for managed account FUM,” said IMAP chair Toby Potter.
"Since this survey was only intended to cover the organisations which aim to provide managed account services for other licensees, the actual total or investment held in this type of account will substantially exceed this amount, once firms which administer and manage services only for their own clients are included.
"The Managed Accounts Directory will be a complete listing of all organisations involved in providing or providing services to the managed accounts industry and will enable IMAP to provide reliable data to track the growth of the sector.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:14Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:14New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:14Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all