Research released by the Institute of Managed Account Providers (IMAP) indicates total funds under management held in managed account structures is at least $13 billion.
IMAP asked its members to provide details of the total FUM held, ahead of the launch of a managed accounts directory slated for launch later this year.
“This is the first time that I am aware of where anyone has provided a robust total for managed account FUM,” said IMAP chair Toby Potter.
"Since this survey was only intended to cover the organisations which aim to provide managed account services for other licensees, the actual total or investment held in this type of account will substantially exceed this amount, once firms which administer and manage services only for their own clients are included.
"The Managed Accounts Directory will be a complete listing of all organisations involved in providing or providing services to the managed accounts industry and will enable IMAP to provide reliable data to track the growth of the sector.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all