Research released by the Institute of Managed Account Providers (IMAP) indicates total funds under management held in managed account structures is at least $13 billion.
IMAP asked its members to provide details of the total FUM held, ahead of the launch of a managed accounts directory slated for launch later this year.
“This is the first time that I am aware of where anyone has provided a robust total for managed account FUM,” said IMAP chair Toby Potter.
"Since this survey was only intended to cover the organisations which aim to provide managed account services for other licensees, the actual total or investment held in this type of account will substantially exceed this amount, once firms which administer and manage services only for their own clients are included.
"The Managed Accounts Directory will be a complete listing of all organisations involved in providing or providing services to the managed accounts industry and will enable IMAP to provide reliable data to track the growth of the sector.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Managed accounts drive revenue: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- view all