Research released by the Institute of Managed Account Providers (IMAP) indicates total funds under management held in managed account structures is at least $13 billion.
IMAP asked its members to provide details of the total FUM held, ahead of the launch of a managed accounts directory slated for launch later this year.
“This is the first time that I am aware of where anyone has provided a robust total for managed account FUM,” said IMAP chair Toby Potter.
"Since this survey was only intended to cover the organisations which aim to provide managed account services for other licensees, the actual total or investment held in this type of account will substantially exceed this amount, once firms which administer and manage services only for their own clients are included.
"The Managed Accounts Directory will be a complete listing of all organisations involved in providing or providing services to the managed accounts industry and will enable IMAP to provide reliable data to track the growth of the sector.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all