A number of insurance-focused dealer groups have been successful in picking up authorised reps of Macquarie’s soon-to-be-defunct Risk Advice Specialists (RAS) licensee.
Following Macquarie’s decision to shut down the dealer group - a decision one authorised rep described as "disappointing" - a number of its advisers have completed negotiations with new licensees while others remain in discussions.
Former RAS adviser Damon Rasheed, the chief executive of Rate Detective, told ifa he has joined TAL-aligned Affinia Financial Advisers, following discussions with a number of groups, officially joining his new licensee on 27 March.
“I canvassed various dealer groups and Affinia seemed like the best fit,” Mr Rasheed said. “I know the guys at Affinia pretty well, so it was a combination of them reaching out and also I approached them as well.”
Listing Suncorp-owned Guardian FP as one dealer group he considered, Mr Rasheed said Affinia was the most amenable to Rate Detective’s phone-based client servicing model.
Meanwhile, fellow former RAS authorised rep Jordan Vaka of Tangram Financial has joined non-aligned risk specialist group Synchron.
“I’m not too clear on where a lot of the [other authorised representatives] are going … but I am heading to Synchron [and] I am happy with that,” Mr Vaka said.
The remaining authorised representatives have told ifa they are currently still in the process of locking in a new licensee, with some currently finalising terms.
Macquarie confirmed its decision to close the RAS business in March, following a “careful review of the market opportunity”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all