AMP Capital has launched a new website to assist advisers in engaging with their clients about 'goals-based' investing.
In a statement, AMP Capital said the new website provides advisers with insights into goals-based investing – what it is, how it is different from current investment approaches, typical goals and risks.
“A goals-based approach puts the client at the centre of the investment process,” AMP Capital head of retail and corporate business Craig Keary said.
“Rather than start with an investment product, advisers start with a client need: for example, achieving a certain level of monthly income, going on holidays every few years or leaving an inheritance.
“We’re seeing increased demand for goals-based funds from advisers and clients and intend to expand our range as well as deliver more goals-based tools for advisers during the course of the year,” Mr Keary said.
AMP Capital added that ipac chief investment officer Jeff Rogers – who is also a member of the AMP Capital Multi-Asset Group – is leading the development of the firm’s new goals-based offerings.
“Success of a goals-based strategy is not about outperforming benchmarks or competitors. Rather, it is measured by how well a client’s portfolio is tracking against their stated goal,” Mr Rogers said.
“It’s about being more relevant to investors and their needs, not only in terms of product design but also through ongoing communication and reporting,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:17Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 09:14CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all