Non-aligned financial services provider Findex Group has appointed a former OECD economist to head up its investment research.
Stefano Cavaglia has been appointed to the role and will be responsible for providing investment research across all of its Findex brands, including ifa Excellence Awards Dealer Group of the Year Financial Index Wealth Accountants and recently acquired Centric Wealth.
“Apart from managing research across all our companies, Stefano will be responsible for integrating research and presenting a Findex house view on corporate governance and compliance,” Findex chief executive Spiro Paule said.
“These areas become very significant in a post-GFC world and he will follow through integrating this across all our platforms, SOAs, MDAs and brokerage services.
“This appointment further strengthens our footprint as innovators and thought leaders in the financial services and accounting field,” Mr Paule said.
Prior to his appointment Dr Cavaglia worked for Philo Capital as a portfolio manager and for MLC Investment Management as the portfolio manager for alternative investments.
Dr Cavaglia has also worked as an economist at the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, based in Paris.
“[Also Dr Cavaglia] is best known for his path-breaking work on the importance of industry factors that supported the restructuring of UBS Asset Management’s global equity investment process ($400 billion) which he led,” a statement from Findex said.
“He subsequently founded and managed the UBS O’Connor quantitative long/short global equity product, out of Chicago,” the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all