Non-aligned financial services provider Findex Group has appointed a former OECD economist to head up its investment research.
Stefano Cavaglia has been appointed to the role and will be responsible for providing investment research across all of its Findex brands, including ifa Excellence Awards Dealer Group of the Year Financial Index Wealth Accountants and recently acquired Centric Wealth.
“Apart from managing research across all our companies, Stefano will be responsible for integrating research and presenting a Findex house view on corporate governance and compliance,” Findex chief executive Spiro Paule said.
“These areas become very significant in a post-GFC world and he will follow through integrating this across all our platforms, SOAs, MDAs and brokerage services.
“This appointment further strengthens our footprint as innovators and thought leaders in the financial services and accounting field,” Mr Paule said.
Prior to his appointment Dr Cavaglia worked for Philo Capital as a portfolio manager and for MLC Investment Management as the portfolio manager for alternative investments.
Dr Cavaglia has also worked as an economist at the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, based in Paris.
“[Also Dr Cavaglia] is best known for his path-breaking work on the importance of industry factors that supported the restructuring of UBS Asset Management’s global equity investment process ($400 billion) which he led,” a statement from Findex said.
“He subsequently founded and managed the UBS O’Connor quantitative long/short global equity product, out of Chicago,” the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all