Sentinel Private Wealth is set to add DomaCom’s fractional property fund to its approved product list (APL).
In a statement released by DomaCom, the property-focused fund manager said Sentinel has joined a “growing list” of licensees moving to approve the fund.
“Sentinel is a great example of the shift towards the independent market away from the aligned dealer groups, which is a strong market for us,” DomaCom chief executive Arthur Naoumidis said.
“We will work to support groups like Sentinel, to feed back business and help their advisers grow substantial property portfolios for their clients,” Mr Naoumidis said.
Sentinel compliance manager David Bertram said with a large number of accountants the firm's adviser group is “strongly orientated” to SMSFs for which property is an important asset class.
“Unfortunately it is also a very expensive asset to invest in unless debt is a good strategy, which it is not for everyone,” Mr Bertram said.
“We like that DomaCom enables partial investment so everyone gets the opportunity to have property in their portfolio,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all