Sentinel Private Wealth is set to add DomaCom’s fractional property fund to its approved product list (APL).
In a statement released by DomaCom, the property-focused fund manager said Sentinel has joined a “growing list” of licensees moving to approve the fund.
“Sentinel is a great example of the shift towards the independent market away from the aligned dealer groups, which is a strong market for us,” DomaCom chief executive Arthur Naoumidis said.
“We will work to support groups like Sentinel, to feed back business and help their advisers grow substantial property portfolios for their clients,” Mr Naoumidis said.
Sentinel compliance manager David Bertram said with a large number of accountants the firm's adviser group is “strongly orientated” to SMSFs for which property is an important asset class.
“Unfortunately it is also a very expensive asset to invest in unless debt is a good strategy, which it is not for everyone,” Mr Bertram said.
“We like that DomaCom enables partial investment so everyone gets the opportunity to have property in their portfolio,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Jun 2018Sam Henderson to retire from financial adviceBy Reporter
- 25 Jun 2018CBA to spin off 'independent' CFS GroupBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Awards night recognises young adviser of the yearBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018AMP chair urges RC to not to restrict business modelsBy Killian Plastow
- 22 Jun 2018David Murray takes reins as AMP chairmanBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks announces new licensee bossBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all