Sentinel Private Wealth is set to add DomaCom’s fractional property fund to its approved product list (APL).
In a statement released by DomaCom, the property-focused fund manager said Sentinel has joined a “growing list” of licensees moving to approve the fund.
“Sentinel is a great example of the shift towards the independent market away from the aligned dealer groups, which is a strong market for us,” DomaCom chief executive Arthur Naoumidis said.
“We will work to support groups like Sentinel, to feed back business and help their advisers grow substantial property portfolios for their clients,” Mr Naoumidis said.
Sentinel compliance manager David Bertram said with a large number of accountants the firm's adviser group is “strongly orientated” to SMSFs for which property is an important asset class.
“Unfortunately it is also a very expensive asset to invest in unless debt is a good strategy, which it is not for everyone,” Mr Bertram said.
“We like that DomaCom enables partial investment so everyone gets the opportunity to have property in their portfolio,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all