Yellow Brick Road has announced a cash fund offered by an affiliated fund manager has been ranked highly by a Morningstar report.
The Smarter Money Active Cash Fund – managed by YBR-owned Smarter Money Investments – has performed better than competing active cash and short-term fixed interest since its inception in February 2012, according to a statement from YBR.
Senior portfolio manager Darren Harvey said the fund had “consistently beaten the 'top quartile' (or 75th percentile) and 'median' (50th percentile) peer fund over the 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, and 2 years to 31 December 2014”.
According to the statement, Morningstar found the Smarter Money fund returned 4.1 per cent over the year to 31 December 2014 while the median short-term fixed interest fund returned 3.2 per cent.
The fund holds, on average, 56 per cent of its portfolio in Australian deposits and the remainder in liquid Australian floating-rate notes, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all