Yellow Brick Road has announced a cash fund offered by an affiliated fund manager has been ranked highly by a Morningstar report.
The Smarter Money Active Cash Fund – managed by YBR-owned Smarter Money Investments – has performed better than competing active cash and short-term fixed interest since its inception in February 2012, according to a statement from YBR.
Senior portfolio manager Darren Harvey said the fund had “consistently beaten the 'top quartile' (or 75th percentile) and 'median' (50th percentile) peer fund over the 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, and 2 years to 31 December 2014”.
According to the statement, Morningstar found the Smarter Money fund returned 4.1 per cent over the year to 31 December 2014 while the median short-term fixed interest fund returned 3.2 per cent.
The fund holds, on average, 56 per cent of its portfolio in Australian deposits and the remainder in liquid Australian floating-rate notes, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Instos ‘struggling’ with IFA ascendancyBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Oct 2017CBA bosses accused of incompetenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- view all