TAL-aligned dealer group Affinia Financial Advisers has announced the winners of its annual awards, recognising high-performing advisers within its network.
The winner of the Adviser of the Year category was Troy Edmondson from Business and Estate Planning Specialists, according to a statement from Affinia.
Gates Risk Management won Practice of the Year while Daniel Lane from Lane Financial won The Emerging Gun of the Year.
The Chairman’s Award went to David and Lisa Bourke from Bourke Financial Services.
Affinia general manager Craig Parker congratulated the winners on their achievements.
“The award winners all typify what the advice profession is all about, which is providing high quality advice and service to the Australian public to ensure their wealth management and protection needs are being met,” he said.
“Each of these winners have great stories to tell about their successful careers and practices and Affinia is proud to recognise the high calibre work of these professionals who are part of the Affinia family of over 100 practitioners.”
The Affinia awards were held during the Affinia national conference and Adviser Council meeting.
“Both the conference and Adviser Council discussed a range of issues, including the ASIC report on life insurance advice,” Mr Parker said.
“The voice of our network is integral to our continual growth and evolution.
“Our Adviser Council plays a key part in ensuring this voice is heard, both directly and through our partnership with the AFA.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all