van Eyk breakaway consultancy InvestSense has signed up its first dealer group client, a former client of van Eyk Research.
In a statement, the company announced it had been appointed by Sentry Group to advise on SMA portfolios.
According to Sentry’s head of advice, Daniel Parry, the licensee had elected InvestSense to replace now-liquidated van Eyk.
“We felt InvestSense provided a proactive approach to asset allocation with fresh thinking about portfolio allocation,” he said.
“Most importantly, we sought a partner to build client-friendly solutions within Sentry’s compliance framework and assist advisers to deliver better, long-term, sustainable returns for their clients.”
Mr Parry said the licensee – which has over 150 authorised representatives – was “large enough to benefit from economies of scale whilst having the size required to take advantage and respond quickly to new marketplace opportunities.”
According to the statement, InvestSense founding co-directors Jonathan Ramsay and Jonathan Tubb previously worked with Sentry developing the group’s FPI portfolios on the Hub24 platform.
Mr Ramsay said he was excited about the opportunity to work with Sentry.
“Most importantly, it reinforces the confidence we have that the financial services marketplace is seeking improvements in investment outcomes for clients of advisers through a robust, transparent process centred on a valuation-based framework,” he said.
“Medium-sized dealer groups like Sentry have an opportunity to rationalise the investment advice process and associated investment solutions.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all