A fund distributed by Grant Samuel Fund Management (GSFM) will now be available to advisers using the Macquarie Wrap product.
GSFM announced the Triple3 Volatility Advantage Fund would be added to the platform, providing a “volatility-focused strategy to capture alpha from highly liquid exchange-traded VIX options”.
GFSM director Damien McIntyre said in a statement that the fund provided an “alternative diversification option”.
“With low correlation to other asset classes, it can be used to enhance returns and manage risk,” he said.
“An investment in volatility can be accessed through the VIX with the use of options and volatility derivatives – which are a good natural diversifier.”
In his view, portfolio diversification is particularly important for Australian investors who tend to favour local equity exposure.
In the statement, GSFM reported the fund had been awarded a “recommended” rating from Lonsec in August.
According to GSFM, Triple 3 Partners was established in 2009 with a focus on providing volatility strategies to institutional clients.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR panelBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- view all