Folkstone Funds Management has announced the selection of a new leader and BDM for its adviser distribution team.
In a statement, the company said former property fund executive Michael Baker has been appointed head of distribution, responsible for growing Folkstone’s network among financial planners, family offices and SMSFs.
Mr Baker has over 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry and most recently worked at Property Capital Partners, a company which provides capital raising, product development and distribution services to fund managers, according to the statement.
Prior to that, he held roles at Charter Hall and Macquarie Group.
In addition, Folkestone announced the appointment of a new business development manager, former ANZ employee Harry Horowitz-Rourke.
Head of funds management Adrian Harrington welcomed both newcomers to Folkstone’s distribution sector.
“With our growing platform of listed and unlisted real estate funds, it is important we have an experienced team serving our existing clients and expanding our distribution network,” he said.
“Given the current low interest rate environment, we continue to see growing investor interest in real estate funds, especially from self-managed super funds that are looking for reliable income streams,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Jan 2019Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 24 Jan 2019Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 24 Jan 2019Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all