Folkstone Funds Management has announced the selection of a new leader and BDM for its adviser distribution team.
In a statement, the company said former property fund executive Michael Baker has been appointed head of distribution, responsible for growing Folkstone’s network among financial planners, family offices and SMSFs.
Mr Baker has over 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry and most recently worked at Property Capital Partners, a company which provides capital raising, product development and distribution services to fund managers, according to the statement.
Prior to that, he held roles at Charter Hall and Macquarie Group.
In addition, Folkestone announced the appointment of a new business development manager, former ANZ employee Harry Horowitz-Rourke.
Head of funds management Adrian Harrington welcomed both newcomers to Folkstone’s distribution sector.
“With our growing platform of listed and unlisted real estate funds, it is important we have an experienced team serving our existing clients and expanding our distribution network,” he said.
“Given the current low interest rate environment, we continue to see growing investor interest in real estate funds, especially from self-managed super funds that are looking for reliable income streams,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all