Folkstone Funds Management has announced the selection of a new leader and BDM for its adviser distribution team.
In a statement, the company said former property fund executive Michael Baker has been appointed head of distribution, responsible for growing Folkstone’s network among financial planners, family offices and SMSFs.
Mr Baker has over 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry and most recently worked at Property Capital Partners, a company which provides capital raising, product development and distribution services to fund managers, according to the statement.
Prior to that, he held roles at Charter Hall and Macquarie Group.
In addition, Folkestone announced the appointment of a new business development manager, former ANZ employee Harry Horowitz-Rourke.
Head of funds management Adrian Harrington welcomed both newcomers to Folkstone’s distribution sector.
“With our growing platform of listed and unlisted real estate funds, it is important we have an experienced team serving our existing clients and expanding our distribution network,” he said.
“Given the current low interest rate environment, we continue to see growing investor interest in real estate funds, especially from self-managed super funds that are looking for reliable income streams,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all