Folkstone Funds Management has announced the selection of a new leader and BDM for its adviser distribution team.
In a statement, the company said former property fund executive Michael Baker has been appointed head of distribution, responsible for growing Folkstone’s network among financial planners, family offices and SMSFs.
Mr Baker has over 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry and most recently worked at Property Capital Partners, a company which provides capital raising, product development and distribution services to fund managers, according to the statement.
Prior to that, he held roles at Charter Hall and Macquarie Group.
In addition, Folkestone announced the appointment of a new business development manager, former ANZ employee Harry Horowitz-Rourke.
Head of funds management Adrian Harrington welcomed both newcomers to Folkstone’s distribution sector.
“With our growing platform of listed and unlisted real estate funds, it is important we have an experienced team serving our existing clients and expanding our distribution network,” he said.
“Given the current low interest rate environment, we continue to see growing investor interest in real estate funds, especially from self-managed super funds that are looking for reliable income streams,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all