Life insurer TAL has appointed a new group CEO to replace Jim Minto.
Brett Clark will head up TAL effective 1 April 2015, replacing current group chief executive Jim Minto.
TAL chairman Duncan Boyle said Mr Minto would remain with the company until the year-end process is completed in the first half of 2015.
Effective 1 October 2014, Mr Clark will be appointed deputy group chief executive.
"The TAL board has been planning for the TAL Group chief executive succession transition for a considerable period of time and we are pleased to announce the appointment of a very strong internal candidate in Brett," Mr Boyle said.
"The appointment follows a comprehensive assessment process which included a worldwide benchmarking exercise using external consultants."
"Brett has been a senior executive with TAL for six years and is currently chief executive of the TAL Life business division. Brett has made a significant contribution to TAL and we believe he will be a very successful leader of the TAL Group," he said.
Mr Clark's current role includes accountability for the Retail Life and Investments adviser business, TAL’s group insurance and wholesale business and also TAL’s customer-facing advice businesses.
"I am excited to be given the opportunity to lead TAL. It is a privilege to be able to work with all the people at TAL," Mr Clark said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all