Life insurer TAL has appointed a new group CEO to replace Jim Minto.
Brett Clark will head up TAL effective 1 April 2015, replacing current group chief executive Jim Minto.
TAL chairman Duncan Boyle said Mr Minto would remain with the company until the year-end process is completed in the first half of 2015.
Effective 1 October 2014, Mr Clark will be appointed deputy group chief executive.
"The TAL board has been planning for the TAL Group chief executive succession transition for a considerable period of time and we are pleased to announce the appointment of a very strong internal candidate in Brett," Mr Boyle said.
"The appointment follows a comprehensive assessment process which included a worldwide benchmarking exercise using external consultants."
"Brett has been a senior executive with TAL for six years and is currently chief executive of the TAL Life business division. Brett has made a significant contribution to TAL and we believe he will be a very successful leader of the TAL Group," he said.
Mr Clark's current role includes accountability for the Retail Life and Investments adviser business, TAL’s group insurance and wholesale business and also TAL’s customer-facing advice businesses.
"I am excited to be given the opportunity to lead TAL. It is a privilege to be able to work with all the people at TAL," Mr Clark said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR panelBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- view all