A former Professional Investment Services (PIS) exec will head up the new dealer group being set up by an affiliatd company of real estate giant Ray White.
The new dealer group, named Wealth Market, will be led by former Professional Investment Services regional manager Jason Powell.
Mr Powell was the regional manager of PIS covering NSW, Victoria and Tasmania between October 2012 and March 2014.
Former State Super Financial Services manager for advice and professional standards Steven Quine will head up compliance and risk at Wealth Market, and former Citigroup research manager Andrew Ash will be head of research.
Wealth Market is already advertising for financial planners to join the group, with a LinkedIn job advertisement describing an “exciting opportunity for an experienced financial planner to join Wealth Market in Sydney”.
The advertisement says the financial planner in question will service a “massive referral network from Ray White and Loan Market”.
The successful applicant will need a “solid sales background” as well as strong working knowledge of “all financial planning areas”.
According to the advertisement, Wealth Market is “a newly formed Financial Planning dealership that aims to change the way financial advice is perceived by everyday Australians”.
The Wealth Market website is up and running, with a note on the front page reading, “An exciting new venture in financial planning is just around the corner – launching soon!”
Loan Market’s decision to enter the wealth management space follows in the footsteps of Mortgage Choice, which launched a financial planning dealer group in late 2012.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all