The Commonwealth Bank has appointed two former judges to the Independent Review Panel to oversee the Open Advice Review.
Yesterday, CBA announced the appointment of retired Justice of the Queensland Court of Appeal Geoffrey Davies as deputy chairman of the Independent Review Panel, and the appointment of retired Justice of the Federal Court and the Victorian Court of Appeal Julie Dodds-Streeton as a panellist.
Mr Davies was previously chair of the Litigation Reform Commission, served as commissioner of the Queensland Public Hospitals Commission of Inquiry and was a member of the Queensland Health Reform advisory panel.
He has also been a leading senior counsel and solicitor-general for the State of Queensland.
In addition to her time as a trial judge and Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria and judge of the Federal Court, Ms Dodds-Streeton served for more than 15 years on the Law Council’s Insolvency & Reconstruction Law Committee.
CBA also announced Fiona Guthrie has been appointed as a consultant expert advisor to the Independent Review Panel.
Ms Guthrie has had an extensive career as an advocate for consumers of financial services.
Currently, she is the executive director of Financial Counselling Australia and a member of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s Consumer Consultative Committee.
CBA chief executive Ian Narev said the appointments reinforce the independence of the Open Advice Review program.
“We have worked closely with the Independent Review Panel Chairman, the Hon Ian Callinan AC, to identify high calibre panel members,” said Mr Narev.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 08:51ANZ to suspend asset finance lendingBy Staff Reporter
- 08:46CommInsure partners with industry fund on claimsBy Staff Reporter
- 08:43ASIC disqualifies jailed SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 04:08Australian advisers unprepared for exitBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- view all