The Commonwealth Bank has appointed two former judges to the Independent Review Panel to oversee the Open Advice Review.
Yesterday, CBA announced the appointment of retired Justice of the Queensland Court of Appeal Geoffrey Davies as deputy chairman of the Independent Review Panel, and the appointment of retired Justice of the Federal Court and the Victorian Court of Appeal Julie Dodds-Streeton as a panellist.
Mr Davies was previously chair of the Litigation Reform Commission, served as commissioner of the Queensland Public Hospitals Commission of Inquiry and was a member of the Queensland Health Reform advisory panel.
He has also been a leading senior counsel and solicitor-general for the State of Queensland.
In addition to her time as a trial judge and Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria and judge of the Federal Court, Ms Dodds-Streeton served for more than 15 years on the Law Council’s Insolvency & Reconstruction Law Committee.
CBA also announced Fiona Guthrie has been appointed as a consultant expert advisor to the Independent Review Panel.
Ms Guthrie has had an extensive career as an advocate for consumers of financial services.
Currently, she is the executive director of Financial Counselling Australia and a member of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s Consumer Consultative Committee.
CBA chief executive Ian Narev said the appointments reinforce the independence of the Open Advice Review program.
“We have worked closely with the Independent Review Panel Chairman, the Hon Ian Callinan AC, to identify high calibre panel members,” said Mr Narev.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR panelBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- view all