Life insurer AIA Australia has announced the appointment of a new chief executive, as Peter Crewe departs to take up a role in Hong Kong.
Damien Mu, who is currently AIA Australia general manager, life insurance, will step into the chief executive role effective 1 August 2014.
Mr Mu replaces Peter Crewe, who will take up the role of chief executive, group corporate solutions of AIA Group based in Hong Kong.
Both Mr Mu and Mr Crewe will report to AIA Group regional chief executive Gordon Watson.
Mr Watson thanked Mr Crewe for his "many contributions" to the Australian business, while adding that Mr Mu's appointment "exemplifies the deep level of talent we have across our business".
"I am very confident that he will guide our business in Australia to new heights in 2014 and beyond," said Mr Watson.
Mr Mu has 17 years of experience in the financial services industry, spanning operations, claims and underwriting, superannuation, investments, distribution, product, pricing and marketing.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all