Life insurer AIA Australia has announced the appointment of a new chief executive, as Peter Crewe departs to take up a role in Hong Kong.
Damien Mu, who is currently AIA Australia general manager, life insurance, will step into the chief executive role effective 1 August 2014.
Mr Mu replaces Peter Crewe, who will take up the role of chief executive, group corporate solutions of AIA Group based in Hong Kong.
Both Mr Mu and Mr Crewe will report to AIA Group regional chief executive Gordon Watson.
Mr Watson thanked Mr Crewe for his "many contributions" to the Australian business, while adding that Mr Mu's appointment "exemplifies the deep level of talent we have across our business".
"I am very confident that he will guide our business in Australia to new heights in 2014 and beyond," said Mr Watson.
Mr Mu has 17 years of experience in the financial services industry, spanning operations, claims and underwriting, superannuation, investments, distribution, product, pricing and marketing.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- view all