Life insurer AIA Australia has announced the appointment of a new chief executive, as Peter Crewe departs to take up a role in Hong Kong.
Damien Mu, who is currently AIA Australia general manager, life insurance, will step into the chief executive role effective 1 August 2014.
Mr Mu replaces Peter Crewe, who will take up the role of chief executive, group corporate solutions of AIA Group based in Hong Kong.
Both Mr Mu and Mr Crewe will report to AIA Group regional chief executive Gordon Watson.
Mr Watson thanked Mr Crewe for his "many contributions" to the Australian business, while adding that Mr Mu's appointment "exemplifies the deep level of talent we have across our business".
"I am very confident that he will guide our business in Australia to new heights in 2014 and beyond," said Mr Watson.
Mr Mu has 17 years of experience in the financial services industry, spanning operations, claims and underwriting, superannuation, investments, distribution, product, pricing and marketing.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all