Platform provider Praemium has appointmented a former Vanguard Investments and IPS staffer as head of distribution.
With over 12 years’ experience in the wealth sector, focusing on platform administration and investment management, Edward Caser has held key roles with Aviva Global Investors and Vanguard Investments before moving to boutique portfolio administration firm Integrated Portfolio Solutions (IPS).
IPS is a Praemium partner, using Praemium’s V-Wrap technology to administer client portfolios.
“I had a very clear goal to grow IPS to a point of profitability and stability,” Mr Caser said.
“Now that we as a team have accomplished this goal I believe it is a good time for me to take on a new challenge,” he said.
“I am very excited to make this move to Praemium, which I believe is on the cusp of making a significant impact in the financial services market in Australia and globally.”
Mr Caser will work alongside Praemium chief executive Michael Ohanessian and commercial director Andrew Varlamos.
“We are delighted that Ed has decided to join the Praemium team,” Mr Varlamos said.
“He brings a wealth of experience and enthusiasm to the role, and we feel fortunate that he has made the decision to come across,” he said.
“Integrated Portfolio Solutions is an excellent business and a great long-term partner of Praemium’s, and we look forward to continuing this relationship.”
In his time at IPS, Mr Caser grew the business from start-up to more than $1 billion in funds under administration.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all