Platform provider Praemium has appointmented a former Vanguard Investments and IPS staffer as head of distribution.
With over 12 years’ experience in the wealth sector, focusing on platform administration and investment management, Edward Caser has held key roles with Aviva Global Investors and Vanguard Investments before moving to boutique portfolio administration firm Integrated Portfolio Solutions (IPS).
IPS is a Praemium partner, using Praemium’s V-Wrap technology to administer client portfolios.
“I had a very clear goal to grow IPS to a point of profitability and stability,” Mr Caser said.
“Now that we as a team have accomplished this goal I believe it is a good time for me to take on a new challenge,” he said.
“I am very excited to make this move to Praemium, which I believe is on the cusp of making a significant impact in the financial services market in Australia and globally.”
Mr Caser will work alongside Praemium chief executive Michael Ohanessian and commercial director Andrew Varlamos.
“We are delighted that Ed has decided to join the Praemium team,” Mr Varlamos said.
“He brings a wealth of experience and enthusiasm to the role, and we feel fortunate that he has made the decision to come across,” he said.
“Integrated Portfolio Solutions is an excellent business and a great long-term partner of Praemium’s, and we look forward to continuing this relationship.”
In his time at IPS, Mr Caser grew the business from start-up to more than $1 billion in funds under administration.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all