ANZ has opened an IT centre in Sydney ahead of the launch of the bank’s new wealth app.
The bank’s so-called ‘Grow Centre’ in Sydney is part of plan to open similar centres in Melbourne, Auckland and Singapore over the next 12 months.
ANZ chief executive for global wealth, Joyce Phillips, said: “‘Grow by ANZ’ is a new platform to deliver innovative wealth solutions across the physical, digital and advice space to help customers grow their knowledge, their confidence and their wealth”.
“In addition to the physical Grow Centre, we’ll soon be launching a new digital app that brings banking and wealth together in one convenient place.
“We are also working with IBM to explore how we can use Watson to transform financial advice, making it easier and more accessible for customers,” Ms Phillips added.
Ms Phillips said it is clear when it comes to financial relationships that more people are using mobile devices to connect with information and for simple transactions.
“[However], we also know that for more complex matters like managing their wealth, people still want to connect in person,” she said.
“Customer insights tell us that when customers are looking to connect they want to engage in fresh open environments, with access to digital tools and specialist personal service.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFSBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019The wealth management fintech that soared in 2018By James Mitchell
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- view all