ANZ has opened an IT centre in Sydney ahead of the launch of the bank’s new wealth app.
The bank’s so-called ‘Grow Centre’ in Sydney is part of plan to open similar centres in Melbourne, Auckland and Singapore over the next 12 months.
ANZ chief executive for global wealth, Joyce Phillips, said: “‘Grow by ANZ’ is a new platform to deliver innovative wealth solutions across the physical, digital and advice space to help customers grow their knowledge, their confidence and their wealth”.
“In addition to the physical Grow Centre, we’ll soon be launching a new digital app that brings banking and wealth together in one convenient place.
“We are also working with IBM to explore how we can use Watson to transform financial advice, making it easier and more accessible for customers,” Ms Phillips added.
Ms Phillips said it is clear when it comes to financial relationships that more people are using mobile devices to connect with information and for simple transactions.
“[However], we also know that for more complex matters like managing their wealth, people still want to connect in person,” she said.
“Customer insights tell us that when customers are looking to connect they want to engage in fresh open environments, with access to digital tools and specialist personal service.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jul 2018Sunsuper makes new board appointmentBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018Cardena announces partnership with loan brokerageBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018Royal Commission reveals round five focusBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018FASEA issues draft professional year guidanceBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018AAT reduces adviser’s banning periodBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018BT announces Panorama pricing changesBy Reporter
- view all