Colonial First State (CFS) has announced FirstChoice Lifestage reached $1 billion in funds under management since its launch in June 2013.
CFS said FirstChoice Lifestage is its leading MySuper product, after CFS was the first retail fund in Australia to receive APRA product authorisation for MySuper last year.
The $1 billion milestone is another success for CFS after the FirstChoice Multi Manager funds (FirstChoice Moderate, Growth and High Growth) were all ranked number one in performance over five years in the recent Chant West survey, according to CFS.
CFS senior manager of FirstChoice investments Peter Dymond said the growth in FirstChoice Lifestage was indicative of the direction of Australian superannuation and evidence that MySuper has enabled “new and innovative investment approaches” to be adopted by funds.
“The lifecycle investment approach is based on tailoring a member’s asset allocation based on their age, de-risking their portfolio as they get closer to retirement,” he said.
“We concluded the best approach was to structure our MySuper option so younger members have higher exposure to risk assets given they have a longer period to retirement and typically lower balances,” he added.
My Dymond also said when a member gets close to retirement, CFS believes their risk exposure should be reduced, particularly if they have not considered their financial circumstances.
“Members at this age are more susceptible to sequencing risk and a negative market could be disastrous to their standard of living in retirement,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2017Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 24 Oct 2017CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all