MLC has appointed one of its insurance executives to the chairmanship of its community foundation, which provides funding to not-for-profit and charitable organisations.
Lara Bourguignon, current general manager of MLC Group Insurance, will take on the position from 1 April 2014, according to a statement from the banking group.
NAB Wealth group executive Andrew Hagger welcomed the appointment, stating Ms Bourguignon brings a unique set of skills to the role.
“In her role as general manager of MLC Group Insurance, Lara’s first-hand exposure to the effects of mental illness on Australian workers made her a natural choice for the foundation,” Mr Hagger said.
“With her strong leadership skills and personal passion for social impact, I am confident Lara will further the MLC Community Foundation’s strategic priorities.”
Ms Bourguignon holds a bachelor of business in accounting and finance, a company directorship diploma and is a Certified Practising Accountant.
“It’s a really great feeling to be part of something that is already having such a significant impact on society – with measurable outcomes,” Ms Bourguignon said.
Established in 2008 as part of MLC, the wealth management arm of NAB, the foundation provides support to Australian communities by investing in areas of need and employee interest, the statement explained.
In the past five years, the foundation has invested $6.1 million in grants and programs, including more than $2.6 million for Lifeline Australia.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all