Andrew Hamilton has stood down as chair of the SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia, announcing his successor at the association's conference in Brisbane on Friday.
Mr Hamilton, managing director of SMSF administration at AMP, has announced he will step down from the role, with fellow AMP colleague Peter Crump, superannuation strategist at ipac South Australia, to take over the reins of the chairmanship.
Mr Crump specialises in the provision of advice on superannuation issues, in particular SMSFs, according to SPAA's website. He also provides actuarial advice to SMSFs, and is a SPAA-accredited SMSF Specialist Adviser.
Mr Hamilton said it is with "great pleasure" that he welcomes Mr Crump to the role.
"He is an invaluable board member [and] I wish him all the very best," Mr Hamilton added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all