Andrew Hamilton has stood down as chair of the SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia, announcing his successor at the association's conference in Brisbane on Friday.
Mr Hamilton, managing director of SMSF administration at AMP, has announced he will step down from the role, with fellow AMP colleague Peter Crump, superannuation strategist at ipac South Australia, to take over the reins of the chairmanship.
Mr Crump specialises in the provision of advice on superannuation issues, in particular SMSFs, according to SPAA's website. He also provides actuarial advice to SMSFs, and is a SPAA-accredited SMSF Specialist Adviser.
Mr Hamilton said it is with "great pleasure" that he welcomes Mr Crump to the role.
"He is an invaluable board member [and] I wish him all the very best," Mr Hamilton added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018Former BT exec joins mortgage and financial advice groupBy Reporter
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- view all