Andrew Hamilton has stood down as chair of the SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia, announcing his successor at the association's conference in Brisbane on Friday.
Mr Hamilton, managing director of SMSF administration at AMP, has announced he will step down from the role, with fellow AMP colleague Peter Crump, superannuation strategist at ipac South Australia, to take over the reins of the chairmanship.
Mr Crump specialises in the provision of advice on superannuation issues, in particular SMSFs, according to SPAA's website. He also provides actuarial advice to SMSFs, and is a SPAA-accredited SMSF Specialist Adviser.
Mr Hamilton said it is with "great pleasure" that he welcomes Mr Crump to the role.
"He is an invaluable board member [and] I wish him all the very best," Mr Hamilton added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all