Andrew Hamilton has stood down as chair of the SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia, announcing his successor at the association's conference in Brisbane on Friday.
Mr Hamilton, managing director of SMSF administration at AMP, has announced he will step down from the role, with fellow AMP colleague Peter Crump, superannuation strategist at ipac South Australia, to take over the reins of the chairmanship.
Mr Crump specialises in the provision of advice on superannuation issues, in particular SMSFs, according to SPAA's website. He also provides actuarial advice to SMSFs, and is a SPAA-accredited SMSF Specialist Adviser.
Mr Hamilton said it is with "great pleasure" that he welcomes Mr Crump to the role.
"He is an invaluable board member [and] I wish him all the very best," Mr Hamilton added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Instos ‘struggling’ with IFA ascendancyBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Oct 2017CBA bosses accused of incompetenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- view all