The federal government has released draft regulations, seeking public consultation on the promised amendments to the Future of Financial Advice.
In a statement released today, Assistant Treasurer Arthur Sinodinos announced the release of draft regulations and legislation – in the form of the new Corporations Amendment (Streamlining of Future of Financial Advice) Bill 2014 – indicating good progress on the timeline set by the government in November.
The statement said the government now intends to implement a number of “time sensitive” measures outlined in the regulations “as soon as possible”, while other amendments will need to go to a parliamentary vote to be amended via the primary legislation.
Industry stakeholders are invited to submit consultation papers responding to the draft regulations over the next three weeks, with submissions closing 19 February.
The newly-released draft regulations and legislation can be found here: http://futureofadvice.treasury.gov.au/content/Content.aspx?doc=consultation/fofa_amendments/default.htm
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Oct 2017Government names new ASIC chairBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017Elders signs new practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017ANZ to offload dealer groups to IOOFBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Oct 2017ATO anti-adviser bias called outBy Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Oct 2017Sentinel Private Wealth enters enforceable undertakingBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Oct 2017Advisers ‘failing’ clients by not investigating healthBy Staff Reporter
- view all