The federal government has released draft regulations, seeking public consultation on the promised amendments to the Future of Financial Advice.
In a statement released today, Assistant Treasurer Arthur Sinodinos announced the release of draft regulations and legislation – in the form of the new Corporations Amendment (Streamlining of Future of Financial Advice) Bill 2014 – indicating good progress on the timeline set by the government in November.
The statement said the government now intends to implement a number of “time sensitive” measures outlined in the regulations “as soon as possible”, while other amendments will need to go to a parliamentary vote to be amended via the primary legislation.
Industry stakeholders are invited to submit consultation papers responding to the draft regulations over the next three weeks, with submissions closing 19 February.
The newly-released draft regulations and legislation can be found here: http://futureofadvice.treasury.gov.au/content/Content.aspx?doc=consultation/fofa_amendments/default.htm
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Mar 2018FSC appoints CBA executive GM to boardBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018TAL Direct refunds $900,000By Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Open banking to improve advice accessibility: XinjaBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Former Macquarie exec named CPA CEOBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018Fintech Business Awards 2018 winners announcedBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018CommInsure launches digital claims serviceBy Staff Reporter
- view all