Fund manager La Trobe Financial has been successful in attracting a $5 million investment from a Significant Investor Visa applicant, in a confirmation of strong global demand.
In a statement issued on Friday, the fund manager announced that a Malaysian Chinese investor has made a $5 million investment in its Australian Mortgage Fund alternative for Visa 888.
“La Trobe Financial understands how important the Asian region market is to Australia’s financial future and more particularly how important China is,” the statement said. “La Trobe Financial is committed to developing long-standing relationships with its Chinese partners.”
The move follows comments made to ifa by Baker & McKenzie partner Bill Fuggle in May 2013, in which the corporate lawyer anticipated the SIV scheme may produce a number of benefits for the Australian financial services market, including financial advisers.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- view all