Fund manager La Trobe Financial has been successful in attracting a $5 million investment from a Significant Investor Visa applicant, in a confirmation of strong global demand.
In a statement issued on Friday, the fund manager announced that a Malaysian Chinese investor has made a $5 million investment in its Australian Mortgage Fund alternative for Visa 888.
“La Trobe Financial understands how important the Asian region market is to Australia’s financial future and more particularly how important China is,” the statement said. “La Trobe Financial is committed to developing long-standing relationships with its Chinese partners.”
The move follows comments made to ifa by Baker & McKenzie partner Bill Fuggle in May 2013, in which the corporate lawyer anticipated the SIV scheme may produce a number of benefits for the Australian financial services market, including financial advisers.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all