Two long-serving Australian financial advisers have been appointed to senior executive positions with the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) association.
In a statement issued yesterday, MDRT Australia chairperson Ross Hultgren announced that Bev Carlyon has been appointed divisional vice president of the MDRT membership and communications division, while Sue Paterson has been named as MDRT Australia deputy chairperson.
Ms Carlyon is principal of Integrated Professional Services in Sydney, an authorised representative of Matrix Planning Solutions and an Association of Financial Advisers stalwart, as one of only 28 AFA members to have achieved 25 years of membership.
“Joining MDRT ignited a passion within me to give back to the organisation that gave so much to me and, in doing so, provided the opportunity to learn, develop and contribute,” Ms Carlyon said.
Sue Patterson is also a high profile member of the AFA – currently director of the Queensland chapter – and is principal of Suncorp-aligned advice firm Business Insurance Group in Brisbane.
Ms Patterson is working closely on the MDRT Down Under Tour national roadshow slated for February 2014.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all