A former One Path staffer with 37 years’ experience in wealth management has been appointed to a new role within ING Direct’s distribution team, focusing on financial advisers.
In a statement issued today, ING Direct announced that Charles Smith – described as an “industry veteran” – will join the third-party distribution team to help roll out the Living Super product to financial advisers.
Mr Smith formerly held roles at One Path, ANZ Funds Management, Citibank and ANZ Banking Group.
“Charles is incredibly well known and respected in the industry so we’re privileged to have his insight and experience in the team,” said ING Direct head of third-party distribution Mark Woolnough.
“With the roll-out of Living Super to advisers mid-next year, Charles’ appointment is well timed. This will see us take Australia’s fastest growing super fund to a whole new market and Charles will play a vital role in that process,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all