A former One Path staffer with 37 years’ experience in wealth management has been appointed to a new role within ING Direct’s distribution team, focusing on financial advisers.
In a statement issued today, ING Direct announced that Charles Smith – described as an “industry veteran” – will join the third-party distribution team to help roll out the Living Super product to financial advisers.
Mr Smith formerly held roles at One Path, ANZ Funds Management, Citibank and ANZ Banking Group.
“Charles is incredibly well known and respected in the industry so we’re privileged to have his insight and experience in the team,” said ING Direct head of third-party distribution Mark Woolnough.
“With the roll-out of Living Super to advisers mid-next year, Charles’ appointment is well timed. This will see us take Australia’s fastest growing super fund to a whole new market and Charles will play a vital role in that process,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018ASIC sets sights on AFSL supervisionBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018Licensees will ‘cease to exist’: GPS WealthBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 13 Aug 2018FASEA standards to halve adviser numbersBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all