A former One Path staffer with 37 years’ experience in wealth management has been appointed to a new role within ING Direct’s distribution team, focusing on financial advisers.
In a statement issued today, ING Direct announced that Charles Smith – described as an “industry veteran” – will join the third-party distribution team to help roll out the Living Super product to financial advisers.
Mr Smith formerly held roles at One Path, ANZ Funds Management, Citibank and ANZ Banking Group.
“Charles is incredibly well known and respected in the industry so we’re privileged to have his insight and experience in the team,” said ING Direct head of third-party distribution Mark Woolnough.
“With the roll-out of Living Super to advisers mid-next year, Charles’ appointment is well timed. This will see us take Australia’s fastest growing super fund to a whole new market and Charles will play a vital role in that process,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 7 Dec 2018New ASIC deputy chair announcedBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018Growth companies fund added to Macquarie WrapBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018ASIC makes unique AFSL decision on foreign adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018AFCA sees 47% rise in complaintsBy Adrian Flores
- 7 Dec 2018FASEA disadvantages women and older advisers, says licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 6 Dec 2018ASIC reveals adviser levies for 2017-18By Adrian Flores
- view all