TAL has appointed a venture capitalist to the new role of chief innovation and disruption officer to drive innovations and ideas for the company’s retail insurance offering.
Tim Thorne, a start-up venture entrepreneur and former innovation director for a UK cancer charity, has been named in the role and will migrate to Australia in November to take up the position.
“Tim brings a wealth of experience as an innovator and disruptor of the status quo to provide solutions for customers that businesses had not considered before,” said TAL Group chief executive Jim Minto.
“He has an impressive track record in introducing innovations that connect with contemporary consumer behaviour. The appointment steps up the focus on customer-driven innovation at TAL.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all