TAL has appointed a venture capitalist to the new role of chief innovation and disruption officer to drive innovations and ideas for the company’s retail insurance offering.
Tim Thorne, a start-up venture entrepreneur and former innovation director for a UK cancer charity, has been named in the role and will migrate to Australia in November to take up the position.
“Tim brings a wealth of experience as an innovator and disruptor of the status quo to provide solutions for customers that businesses had not considered before,” said TAL Group chief executive Jim Minto.
“He has an impressive track record in introducing innovations that connect with contemporary consumer behaviour. The appointment steps up the focus on customer-driven innovation at TAL.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 29 Jun 2017CPA advice arm fuels liability concernsBy Katarina Taurian
- 29 Jun 2017ASIC takes IFA crackdown a step furtherBy Aleks Vickovich
- 28 Jun 2017Treasury reveals details of new ASIC powersBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Jun 2017Fintech take-up doubles in AustraliaBy Tim Stewart
- 28 Jun 2017ASIC disqualifies SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 28 Jun 2017Advisers look to working on-the-go: BTBy Staff Reporter
- view all