TAL has appointed a venture capitalist to the new role of chief innovation and disruption officer to drive innovations and ideas for the company’s retail insurance offering.
Tim Thorne, a start-up venture entrepreneur and former innovation director for a UK cancer charity, has been named in the role and will migrate to Australia in November to take up the position.
“Tim brings a wealth of experience as an innovator and disruptor of the status quo to provide solutions for customers that businesses had not considered before,” said TAL Group chief executive Jim Minto.
“He has an impressive track record in introducing innovations that connect with contemporary consumer behaviour. The appointment steps up the focus on customer-driven innovation at TAL.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all