TAL has appointed a venture capitalist to the new role of chief innovation and disruption officer to drive innovations and ideas for the company’s retail insurance offering.
Tim Thorne, a start-up venture entrepreneur and former innovation director for a UK cancer charity, has been named in the role and will migrate to Australia in November to take up the position.
“Tim brings a wealth of experience as an innovator and disruptor of the status quo to provide solutions for customers that businesses had not considered before,” said TAL Group chief executive Jim Minto.
“He has an impressive track record in introducing innovations that connect with contemporary consumer behaviour. The appointment steps up the focus on customer-driven innovation at TAL.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Apr 2018AMP facing shareholder class actionBy Reporter
- 23 Apr 2018ANZ concedes ‘unacceptable’ adviser monitoringBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Apr 2018FSC backs stronger misconduct penaltiesBy Reporter
- 23 Apr 2018Royal commission to drive IFA ascendancy: UK researcherBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- view all