The Association of Financial Advisers has announced the 2013 Adviser of the Year award recipient at a ceremony on the Gold Coast.
Jenny Brown, owner and senior financial adviser at JBS Financial Strategists in Melbourne has been named the recipient of the award, which recognises leadership, innovation and best practice advice provision.
Ms Brown is an SMSF specialist and authorised representative of dealer group Professional Investment Services (PIS).
In announcing the award, AFA chief executive Brad Fox attributed the honour to Ms Brown’s contribution to the industry as a role model for other practitioners.
“Jenny is an outstanding inspiration for other advisers and we believe that through her leadership and mentoring roles she will help the advice profession to develop, mature and prosper,” Mr Fox said.
Mr Fox paid homage to all of the finalists and to the Adviser of the Year award process.
“We believe that by recognising the talents of the best financial advisers in Australia and sharing these with the broader community we will create the environment where great advice can be provided to more Australians,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all