The Association of Financial Advisers has announced the 2013 Adviser of the Year award recipient at a ceremony on the Gold Coast.
Jenny Brown, owner and senior financial adviser at JBS Financial Strategists in Melbourne has been named the recipient of the award, which recognises leadership, innovation and best practice advice provision.
Ms Brown is an SMSF specialist and authorised representative of dealer group Professional Investment Services (PIS).
In announcing the award, AFA chief executive Brad Fox attributed the honour to Ms Brown’s contribution to the industry as a role model for other practitioners.
“Jenny is an outstanding inspiration for other advisers and we believe that through her leadership and mentoring roles she will help the advice profession to develop, mature and prosper,” Mr Fox said.
Mr Fox paid homage to all of the finalists and to the Adviser of the Year award process.
“We believe that by recognising the talents of the best financial advisers in Australia and sharing these with the broader community we will create the environment where great advice can be provided to more Australians,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all