In order to fulfil the Future of Financial Advice best interests duty, financial advisers should be recommending industry superannuation funds, according to the Industry Super Network (ISN).
In a statement responding to the finding by ratings agency SuperRatings that industry funds have “again outperformed master trusts funds over all periods”, ISN chief David Whiteley said non intra-fund advisers should take heed.
“Under new laws, financial planners are required to act in the best interests of their clients,” he said.
“Given that fund performance is one of the most important factors in choosing a super fund, industry super funds should come out on top in the recommendations of financial advisers to their clients.
“In the seven- and 10-year periods, industry super funds have performed particularly well – which is most important given the long-term nature of superannuation.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Nov 2018Former bankrupt manager convicted over false AFSL docsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Nov 2018FASEA announces ethics code legislative instrumentBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Nov 2018‘Regulators not immune to public opinion’: CostelloBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Nov 2018CBA admits lax attitude with ASIC on advice woesBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Nov 2018FASEA clarifies existing adviser educational standardsBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Nov 2018Days of ‘one-dimenional’ adviser are over: MentorBy Reporter
- view all