In order to fulfil the Future of Financial Advice best interests duty, financial advisers should be recommending industry superannuation funds, according to the Industry Super Network (ISN).
In a statement responding to the finding by ratings agency SuperRatings that industry funds have “again outperformed master trusts funds over all periods”, ISN chief David Whiteley said non intra-fund advisers should take heed.
“Under new laws, financial planners are required to act in the best interests of their clients,” he said.
“Given that fund performance is one of the most important factors in choosing a super fund, industry super funds should come out on top in the recommendations of financial advisers to their clients.
“In the seven- and 10-year periods, industry super funds have performed particularly well – which is most important given the long-term nature of superannuation.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all