In order to fulfil the Future of Financial Advice best interests duty, financial advisers should be recommending industry superannuation funds, according to the Industry Super Network (ISN).
In a statement responding to the finding by ratings agency SuperRatings that industry funds have “again outperformed master trusts funds over all periods”, ISN chief David Whiteley said non intra-fund advisers should take heed.
“Under new laws, financial planners are required to act in the best interests of their clients,” he said.
“Given that fund performance is one of the most important factors in choosing a super fund, industry super funds should come out on top in the recommendations of financial advisers to their clients.
“In the seven- and 10-year periods, industry super funds have performed particularly well – which is most important given the long-term nature of superannuation.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all