Tyndall Asset Management (Tyndall AM) has had its Australian Share Concentrated Fund added to the Colonial First State (CFS) FirstWrap platform as demand for equity investment continues.
Tyndall AM head of sales and marketing Matt Russell said demand for the new fund has been strong as advisors continue to need benchmark-unaware equity investment.
“Because of its concentrated nature and more mid-cap bias, the Tyndall Australian Share Concentrated Fund is proving a very attractive strategy for advisers, and we continue to see a high level of interest from dealer groups in adding the fund to their product lists,” Mr Russell said.
The fund was launched to retail market in May this year after being available to institutional and professional investors since 2010.
It aims to provide long-term capital growth by investing into a concentrated selection of shares from the S&P/ASX 200 Accumulation Index.
Mr Russell said the fund will allow advisers to provide clients with an equity fund with increased diversification benefits.
“Our discussions with advisers indicated that their clients are focused on total returns and prefer funds that are managed in a risk-aware manner, rather than looking at performance relative to a benchmark,” Mr Russell said.
“This was a key driver in our decision to launch this fund to the retail market earlier this year.”
“We are also aware that advisers are seeking funds that can be blended together, and offer diversification benefits such as having lower correlation to the market or to each other.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all