The Australian Securities and Investments Commission and Financial Ombudsman’s Service have issued a statement indicating support for Financial Planning Week.
“ASIC strongly believes in helping Australians to better manage their money and create a brighter financial future. The FPA’s Financial Planning Week is an important initiative and we encourage all Australians to get behind it,” said ASIC deputy chairman Peter Kell.
FOS Investment Ombudsman Alison Maynard said “Australians need professional financial advice and education about how to find good quality advice. We support the FPA’s Financial Planning Week and the FPA’s initiatives to raise professional standards in financial planning for the benefit of all Australians”.
FPA chief executive Mark Rantall welcomed the support.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Jan 2019Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 24 Jan 2019Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 24 Jan 2019Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all