The Australian Securities and Investments Commission and Financial Ombudsman’s Service have issued a statement indicating support for Financial Planning Week.
“ASIC strongly believes in helping Australians to better manage their money and create a brighter financial future. The FPA’s Financial Planning Week is an important initiative and we encourage all Australians to get behind it,” said ASIC deputy chairman Peter Kell.
FOS Investment Ombudsman Alison Maynard said “Australians need professional financial advice and education about how to find good quality advice. We support the FPA’s Financial Planning Week and the FPA’s initiatives to raise professional standards in financial planning for the benefit of all Australians”.
FPA chief executive Mark Rantall welcomed the support.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all