The Australian Securities and Investments Commission and Financial Ombudsman’s Service have issued a statement indicating support for Financial Planning Week.
“ASIC strongly believes in helping Australians to better manage their money and create a brighter financial future. The FPA’s Financial Planning Week is an important initiative and we encourage all Australians to get behind it,” said ASIC deputy chairman Peter Kell.
FOS Investment Ombudsman Alison Maynard said “Australians need professional financial advice and education about how to find good quality advice. We support the FPA’s Financial Planning Week and the FPA’s initiatives to raise professional standards in financial planning for the benefit of all Australians”.
FPA chief executive Mark Rantall welcomed the support.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Nov 2018ClearView launches dealer services offerBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018Lonsec introduces super research to advisersBy Sarah Simpkins
- 19 Nov 2018FASEA releases standards blueprintBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- view all