The Australian Securities and Investments Commission and Financial Ombudsman’s Service have issued a statement indicating support for Financial Planning Week.
“ASIC strongly believes in helping Australians to better manage their money and create a brighter financial future. The FPA’s Financial Planning Week is an important initiative and we encourage all Australians to get behind it,” said ASIC deputy chairman Peter Kell.
FOS Investment Ombudsman Alison Maynard said “Australians need professional financial advice and education about how to find good quality advice. We support the FPA’s Financial Planning Week and the FPA’s initiatives to raise professional standards in financial planning for the benefit of all Australians”.
FPA chief executive Mark Rantall welcomed the support.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all