Former NSW Treasurer and Liberal Party politician Peter Collins has been named chairman of the Industry Super Network, replacing former Victorian premier Steve Bracks.
Mr Collins is a director of industry fund HOSTPLUS and a fellow of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST) – commitments which followed a political career that culminated in the positions of NSW Opposition leader and Treasuer and Minister for Health in the Coalition's Greiner government.
Meanwhile, another Labor Victorian premier John Brumby has been appointed as deputy chair of the ISN, while Mr Bracks has been appointed as Australia’s Consul General in New York.
“Mr Collins and Mr Brumby have held highly esteemed positions in public office and have a demonstrated commitment to our guiding principle of putting the interests of members first. We are proud to have them leading our board,” ISN chief executive David Whiteley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks Group names three new execsBy Reporter
- 19 Jun 2018Former NAB, ASIC exec approaches Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- view all