Former NSW Treasurer and Liberal Party politician Peter Collins has been named chairman of the Industry Super Network, replacing former Victorian premier Steve Bracks.
Mr Collins is a director of industry fund HOSTPLUS and a fellow of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST) – commitments which followed a political career that culminated in the positions of NSW Opposition leader and Treasuer and Minister for Health in the Coalition's Greiner government.
Meanwhile, another Labor Victorian premier John Brumby has been appointed as deputy chair of the ISN, while Mr Bracks has been appointed as Australia’s Consul General in New York.
“Mr Collins and Mr Brumby have held highly esteemed positions in public office and have a demonstrated commitment to our guiding principle of putting the interests of members first. We are proud to have them leading our board,” ISN chief executive David Whiteley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Mar 2018ASIC defends enforcement decisionsBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Mar 2018O’Dwyer stands firm on educationBy Killian Plastow and Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Mar 2018Zurich opts to keep OnePath brandBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Mar 2018FASEA opens consultation on education pathwaysBy Staff Reporter
- 19 Mar 2018Partnership launches as ‘alternative to self-licensing’By Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Mar 2018ANZ to suspend asset finance lendingBy Staff Reporter
- view all