Former NSW Treasurer and Liberal Party politician Peter Collins has been named chairman of the Industry Super Network, replacing former Victorian premier Steve Bracks.
Mr Collins is a director of industry fund HOSTPLUS and a fellow of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST) – commitments which followed a political career that culminated in the positions of NSW Opposition leader and Treasuer and Minister for Health in the Coalition's Greiner government.
Meanwhile, another Labor Victorian premier John Brumby has been appointed as deputy chair of the ISN, while Mr Bracks has been appointed as Australia’s Consul General in New York.
“Mr Collins and Mr Brumby have held highly esteemed positions in public office and have a demonstrated commitment to our guiding principle of putting the interests of members first. We are proud to have them leading our board,” ISN chief executive David Whiteley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all