Former NSW Treasurer and Liberal Party politician Peter Collins has been named chairman of the Industry Super Network, replacing former Victorian premier Steve Bracks.
Mr Collins is a director of industry fund HOSTPLUS and a fellow of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST) – commitments which followed a political career that culminated in the positions of NSW Opposition leader and Treasuer and Minister for Health in the Coalition's Greiner government.
Meanwhile, another Labor Victorian premier John Brumby has been appointed as deputy chair of the ISN, while Mr Bracks has been appointed as Australia’s Consul General in New York.
“Mr Collins and Mr Brumby have held highly esteemed positions in public office and have a demonstrated commitment to our guiding principle of putting the interests of members first. We are proud to have them leading our board,” ISN chief executive David Whiteley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Managed accounts drive revenue: researchBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- view all