Former NSW Treasurer and Liberal Party politician Peter Collins has been named chairman of the Industry Super Network, replacing former Victorian premier Steve Bracks.
Mr Collins is a director of industry fund HOSTPLUS and a fellow of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST) – commitments which followed a political career that culminated in the positions of NSW Opposition leader and Treasuer and Minister for Health in the Coalition's Greiner government.
Meanwhile, another Labor Victorian premier John Brumby has been appointed as deputy chair of the ISN, while Mr Bracks has been appointed as Australia’s Consul General in New York.
“Mr Collins and Mr Brumby have held highly esteemed positions in public office and have a demonstrated commitment to our guiding principle of putting the interests of members first. We are proud to have them leading our board,” ISN chief executive David Whiteley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all