The US-based Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards is developing an online course for prospective CFPs in collaboration with the University of Illinois.
The “massive open online course” will be launched in 2014 focusing on introductory studies in personal finance and vocational information about becoming a CFP.
More broadly, the board reports it is seeing increasing interest in financial planner studies from universities and colleges.
"We're seeing significant growth and we're still seeing significant diversity in our programs," says Charles Chaffin, the CFP Board's director of academic programs and initiatives.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all