A new book has been launched offering financial advisers and AFSL-holders tips for dealing with the problem of hiring the wrong person.
The book - Successful Recruitment:Transforming your business through best practice – was written by industry consultant Peter Dawson of the Dawson Partnership and HR consultant Susan Rochester, managing director of Balance at Work, and is aimed specifically at advice businesses.
A statement from the authors said that the book aims to resolve what they see as a major problem in the industry.
“Of all the threats to wealth management businesses a wrong hiring decision ranks at the front of the queue, as non-performing employees can soon become ‘the enemy within’ causing considerable damage to a company’s client relationships and its brand,” the statement said.
The authors will also be running a series of workshops for financial advisers on the topic.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Sep 2017Labor slams mooted ASIC appointmentBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Sep 2017‘Modest start’ for Australian super fundsBy Jessica Yun
- view all