A new book has been launched offering financial advisers and AFSL-holders tips for dealing with the problem of hiring the wrong person.
The book - Successful Recruitment:Transforming your business through best practice – was written by industry consultant Peter Dawson of the Dawson Partnership and HR consultant Susan Rochester, managing director of Balance at Work, and is aimed specifically at advice businesses.
A statement from the authors said that the book aims to resolve what they see as a major problem in the industry.
“Of all the threats to wealth management businesses a wrong hiring decision ranks at the front of the queue, as non-performing employees can soon become ‘the enemy within’ causing considerable damage to a company’s client relationships and its brand,” the statement said.
The authors will also be running a series of workshops for financial advisers on the topic.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all