A new book has been launched offering financial advisers and AFSL-holders tips for dealing with the problem of hiring the wrong person.
The book - Successful Recruitment:Transforming your business through best practice – was written by industry consultant Peter Dawson of the Dawson Partnership and HR consultant Susan Rochester, managing director of Balance at Work, and is aimed specifically at advice businesses.
A statement from the authors said that the book aims to resolve what they see as a major problem in the industry.
“Of all the threats to wealth management businesses a wrong hiring decision ranks at the front of the queue, as non-performing employees can soon become ‘the enemy within’ causing considerable damage to a company’s client relationships and its brand,” the statement said.
The authors will also be running a series of workshops for financial advisers on the topic.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all