A new book has been launched offering financial advisers and AFSL-holders tips for dealing with the problem of hiring the wrong person.
The book - Successful Recruitment:Transforming your business through best practice – was written by industry consultant Peter Dawson of the Dawson Partnership and HR consultant Susan Rochester, managing director of Balance at Work, and is aimed specifically at advice businesses.
A statement from the authors said that the book aims to resolve what they see as a major problem in the industry.
“Of all the threats to wealth management businesses a wrong hiring decision ranks at the front of the queue, as non-performing employees can soon become ‘the enemy within’ causing considerable damage to a company’s client relationships and its brand,” the statement said.
The authors will also be running a series of workshops for financial advisers on the topic.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all