Former Ventura/All Star Funds Management managing director Kate Mulligan has been appointed to the board of netwealth as a non-executive director.
Ms Mulligan stepped down from her role in September 2012 after she had overseen the restructure of Ventura and All Star as boutique fund managers under the ownership of Centrepoint Alliance.
Her exit from the business was announced as part of the rationalisation of Centrepoint Alliance by the group’s then chief executive Tony Robinson.
Since September 2012, Ms Mulligan has established the consulting firm called King Irving, which she says performs three functions: restructuring new and existing fund managers; commercially orientated work for fund managers (ie, constitutions and product disclosure statements); and non-executive directorships.
While netwealth is a platform provider rather than a fund manager, Ms Mulligan pointed to her experience with platform provider Asgard, which is now part of BT Financial Group.
Ms Mulligan was the director of marketing at Asgard between 2001-2003, where she oversaw the launch of Asgard eWRAP – which has grown to one of the largest players in the market.
netwealth managing director Matt Heine said Ms Mulligan’s appointment brought the number of non-executive directors on the board to three.
“I am very pleased that someone of Kate’s experience and industry standing is joining our board,” he said.
“Her strategic insights from senior leadership roles in platforms and funds management, as well as in financial services law, will be a real advantage for us,” said Mr Heine.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all