Rock band Status Quo has warned popular boy band One Direction about the importance of protecting their fortune through professional financial advice.
Speaking to the UK's Daily Telegraph, Status Quo lead singer Francis Rossi said the up and coming band should be fully aware of the business side of the music industry and employ trusted advisers.
“It’s a good point to keep your eyes on the money with bands like One Direction, as when you’re starting out and you’re a guitar player or a singer, what do you know about money?” Mr Rossi said.
“The questions they need to ask are: ‘Have you checked your lawyer? Have you checked your accountant? Do you know your accountant?’
“I wish we had because if you don’t, you can get taken advantage of.”
One Direction are believed to use advisers from Grant Thornton wealth management.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all