Rock band Status Quo has warned popular boy band One Direction about the importance of protecting their fortune through professional financial advice.
Speaking to the UK's Daily Telegraph, Status Quo lead singer Francis Rossi said the up and coming band should be fully aware of the business side of the music industry and employ trusted advisers.
“It’s a good point to keep your eyes on the money with bands like One Direction, as when you’re starting out and you’re a guitar player or a singer, what do you know about money?” Mr Rossi said.
“The questions they need to ask are: ‘Have you checked your lawyer? Have you checked your accountant? Do you know your accountant?’
“I wish we had because if you don’t, you can get taken advantage of.”
One Direction are believed to use advisers from Grant Thornton wealth management.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:55CFS launches adviser toolsBy Staff Reporter
- 10:55Industry fund consumer satisfaction declinesBy Staff Reporter
- 10:55Advice unaffordable for families, says insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 10:55Focus rules out insto acquisitionsBy Aleks Vickovich
- 10:55'General advice' provider gets AFSL suspensionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 May 2017AFA/ANZ accepting Rising Star nominationsBy Staff Reporter
- view all